All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe UK's leading diet and fitness expert, Joanna Hall, shows you the healthy way to shed excess pounds in a day. This fantastic plan is a refinement on the typical low GI diet. It is complimented with a 20 day follow-on plan which builds up in very small steps, day by day. Joanna's mantra is: small steps make big changes. A totally effective one day diet for any emergency: whether it's a party, beach holiday, or simply when the excesses of Christmas have left you pounds heavier. The eating plan is very simple. Not only are you restricted from eating carbs after 5pm but you have a specially selected choice of low GI foods. Many diet books simply give you a list of foods and their GI rating. This is a flawed system as foods react in the body in different ways and over different time scales. Joanna's system uses a refinement on the traditional GI diet that helps you lose weight faster. SMALL STEPS MAKE BIG CHANGES: The 24 hour quick-fix is followed by one small change you can make each day for a 20 day period to help you change the habits of a lifetime. Every psychologist kws that a human is t designed to make sweeping changes all at once: if you try, they're unlikely to stick. Joanna's small units of change which work up in a careful sequence to the more challenging are an ingenious strategy. For example: / Day 1 will simply start with making sure you drink 6 glasses of water; / Day 2 you'll replace your sugary cereal and/or toast with either a bowl of porridge or unsweetened muesli; / Day 3 you'll be reducing your coffee intake to one cup a day; / Day 4 you'll build a half hour walk into your day The cumulation of these changes mean that by day 20 you'll be living a really healthy, fit, and slim way of life.
- Author BiographyJoanna Hall trained at Loughborough University in physical education and sports science which was followed with an internship at the renowned Virginia Mason sports medicine clinic in Seattle, USA. Here she focused on exercise/nutrition/weightloss schedules for the corporate market. For 3 years she was presenter of the diet and fitness slot on This Morning and is one of the UK's most successful names in diet and fitness.
- Author(s)Joanna Hall
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication19/12/2005
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarper Thorsons
- Content Note20 b/w illus
- Weight240 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.