All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.70Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.15Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.47Trending at AU $45.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe 25,000 Mile Love Storyis thetruestory of whatLA Timessports writer Chris Erskine calls the toughest man I ever met and quite probably the greatest endurance athlete of all time. This new youth edition will challenge our kids to make their lives into a great adventure, while always looking out for the poor and downtrodden. Its message: Possessing more or less doesnt ensure happiness or even victory. You cant win the race overnight; you win it by persistence and by daily devotion. And you win it by doing the little things well. The 25,000 Mile Love Story is a love story-but t a love story in the traditional sense. It is t just about a man and woman; r is it just about a husband and wife. There are many people who can write that story. Instead, this is a love story that has lasted a lifetime-a love for the world's roads and all the people who inhabit them. You will follow Serge Roetheli through his childhood as an adventurer, through his teen years as a boxer, and through his adult life as a runner and mountain guide. As he writes in this intriguing memoir, You will sit by my side as I fell in love-t once, t twice, but three times. And you will run the road with me on The American Challenge and The World Tour. Then, you will return with me to where I belong, and I pray that you will take away some life lessons and the truth I have come to kw so well. His life lessons are simple: It doesn't matter where you come from or what you start with. Possessing more or less doesn't ensure happiness or even victory. You cant win the race overnight; you win it by persistence-by daily devotion. And you win it by doing the little things well.
- Author BiographySerge Roetheli has lived a life many have dreamed of and few will ever accomplish. He is a former Olympic boxer and Swiss mountain guide who enjoys long-distance running. His feats include running the Grand Canyon in a single day, traversing all 12 passes of the Swiss Alps, running the Pan American Highway, and running around the world. Serge is also the co-author of Keep on Running and is a sought-after public speaker. He currently works works as a mountain guide in the Alps.
- Author(s)Serge Roetheli
- PublisherDunham Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDunham Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight198 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementYouth ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.