All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionWhen I say the word teenager what comes to mind? If you are like most people, the words rebellion, trouble, and stubborn come to mind. You might also think: drugs, crime, pregnancy, peer pressure, sex, puberty, driving, attitudes, relationships, irresponsible, and messy. Those about to go through the teen years might think: independence, first job, fun, sports, adventure, dating, invincible, and driving. It is time to change the way adults see teenagers. Teens today are faced with drugs, teen pregnancy, texting or sexting, alcohol, peer pressure, bullying, and other dangers. Why do our teens use drugs and alcohol, gamble, or fall prey to other destructive behaviors such as eating disorders or cutting? We will walk through these and other scenarios, and I will offer guidance on how to get through it. We take our children through childhood, into teenhood, and then onto adulthood. Remember: if you go into the adventure together, you will come out of it together.
- Author BiographyMICHELE SFAKIANOS is a Registered Nurse, Life Skills Expert, Speaker and Award-winning Author. In 1982, she received her AS Degree in Business Data Processing/Computer Programming. In 1993, she received her Associate in Science degree in Nursing from St. Petersburg Junior College, graduating with Honors. In 1999, Michele received her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Florida International University, graduating with High Honors. She has worked her way through the different areas of nursing including Medical/Surgical, Pediatrics, Oncology, Recruitment, and Nursing Informatics. In 2009, she received her Real Estate Sales Associate license. Michele has been previously published in both Poetry Books and a Nursing Journal. Her first book Useful Information for Everyday Living was published October 2010 and was later changed to The 4-1-1 on Life Skills which was published June 2011. Her book The 4-1-1 on Step Parenting was released October 2011. The 4-1-1 on Surviving Teenhood is her latest book released October 2012. She is well respected in her areas of expertise. Her years of experience as a Registered Nurse, Mother and Life Skills Expert have given her the knowledge and wisdom to write her books.
- Author(s)Michele Sfakianos
- PublisherOpen Pages Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Pages Publishing, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.