All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.11
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.38
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $12.93
- AU $48.21Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the Second World War, fashion became available to a wider population for the first time as mass-production clothing filled stores and televisions and other media outlets relayed what the rich and famous wore on a daily basis. With this increase in popular culture consumption came an increase in consumer consumption, and styles and fashions changed quickly in the 1950s and 1960s. This colorful, captivating volume details how men and women dressed in their daily lives and for special occasions. Engaging sidebars and ample full-color photographs and illustrations give readers an accurate, detailed picture of the styles that were all the rage in post-war America and the years beyond. Chapters of this title include: A New Era; Women's Day Wear; Men's Day Wear; Women's Formal and Evening Dress; Men's Formal and Evening Dress; Time Off - Leisure Wear; Work Wear and Uniforms; and, Completing the Look.
- Author BiographyAnne Rooney worked as an author and educator for several years before becoming a full-time writer. She has written more than 70 books, most of them for children and young people. She lives in Cambridge, England.
- Author(s)Anne Rooney
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour photographs & illustrations, bibliography, glossary, index
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.