All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers everything readers need to kw about Alzheimer's disease - in more than 500 entries. Alzheimer's disease is a progressive, degenerative disease that attacks the brain and results in impaired memory, thinking, and behavior. More than 5 million Americans currently suffer from Alzheimer's disease, and that number is projected to leap to 11 million by 2050. As the baby boomer population continues to age, Alzheimer's remains a significant public health problem and there is cure on the horizon. In more than 500 entries, The A to Z of Alzheimer's Disease presents a wealth of information on the physical, emotional, and intellectual conditions that affect Alzheimer's sufferers. It also examines the current research on prevention, causes, and treatments, as well as the social issues surrounding the disease. Appendixes include major resources, organizations, helpful books and publications, an extensive bibliography, and a glossary. Topics of this title include: causes of Alzheimer's; diagsis and symptoms of Alzheimer's; genetics and gene therapy; heredity and Alzheimer's; home health care and home modification; long-term planning and care; memory and mental activity; myths about Alzheimer's; related diseases and health issues; and, treatments and medications.
- Author BiographyCarol Turkington was a medical writer with a degree in journalism and 25 years of professional experience. She was the author of several books, including Skin Deep, Third Edition; The A to Z of Autism Spectrum Disorders; The A to Z of Breast Cancer and The A to Z of Infectious Diseases all for Facts On File and Checkmark Books. Deborah Mitchell is a freelance writer who specializes in health, nutrition, and medical topics. She has authored coauthored, and ghostwritten more than 40 books as well as scores of articles for both print and electronic media James Galvin, M.D., M.S.C., is assistant professor of neurology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis Missouri.
- Author(s)Carol Turkington,Deborah Mitchell
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFerguson Publishing Co
- Weight703 g
- Width190 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJames E Galvin
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.