All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionJudaism, the religion of the Jewish people, is one of the first recorded motheistic religions, and as such is one of the oldest religious traditions still practiced today. While its influences can be seen in the religions of both Christianity and Islam, many of its beliefs, traditions, and practices are unkwn. The second edition of The A to Z of Judaism doesn't just present religious beliefs in a traditional sense but investigates the complex intermingling of religion, devotion, lifestyle, and culture as it is found in diverse Jewish populations around the world and as it has evolved over the course of recent human history. Judaism, like many other cultural institutions, has rarely remained static-instead, continually investigating and questioning itself, metamorphosing in relation to the world. By means of a chrology, an introductory essay, a bibliography, and numerous cross-referenced dictionary entries on important persons, writings, institutions, concepts, Hebrew words, philosophy, theology, and religious law, author Norman Solomon provides an important reference source for the study of Judaism.
- Author BiographyNorman Solomon served as a rabbi and then became a scholar, presently at Wolfson College and the Unit for Teaching and Research in Hebrew and Jewish Studies at the University of Oxford. He was also the founder-director of the Centre for the Study of Judaism and Jewish/Christian Relations at the Selly Oak Colleges.
- Author(s)Norman Solomon
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication13/08/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe A to Z Guide Series
- Series Part/Volume Number62
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight771 g
- Width142 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.