All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLocated on the southern-most tip of the Balkan peninsula in Europe's southeast, Greece is a small country of some 11 million people. And while few people have a longer history than the Greeks, Modern Greece is a fairly young country, having been founded in 1830. Greece has come a long way since then; it has been a client state, first of Britain and then of the United States, for much of its modern existence but w it has secured an equal place at the top tables of NATO and the EU. The A to Z of Modern Greece explores the modern history of this country through a chrology, an introductory essay, a bibliography, and hundreds of cross-referenced dictionary entries on important persons, places, events, and institutions, as well as on significant political, ecomic, social, and cultural aspects.
- Author BiographyDimitris Keridis is associate professor of international politics at the University of Macedonia in Thessaloniki, Greece. He served as the founding director of the Kokkalis Program on Southeastern and East-Central Europe at Harvard University and as the Karamanlis Associate Professor in Hellenic and Southeast European Studies at the Fletcher School, Tufts University.
- Author(s)Dimitris Keridis
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe A to Z Guide Series
- Series Part/Volume Number219
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.