CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionO'Brien describes the coping strategies that long-term survivors of HIV employ to promote positive quality of life. She also explores the impact of the virus on family members, friends, and caregivers; their strategies for dealing with HIV are identified as well. This book has two unique features. First, the creative coping strategies developed to deal with HIV are explored primarily through the words of those living and/or working with the virus. O'Brien utilized more than 350 hours of tape-recorded interviews to glean the insightful and poignant anecdotes which describe their walk with HIV. Second, the HIV-positive individuals described are long-term survivors of the virus. Although that population consists primarily of gay men, the case is made that they are the first group of people with HIV to experience long-term survival; thus, their coping strategies and those of the people close to them provide a model for others moving into the survivor category. An important resource for nurses, social workers, chaplains, others in fields working with HIV/AIDs patients, and their families and friends.
- Author BiographyMary Elizabeth O'Brien, PhD, RN, (FAAN) is Professor in the School of Nursing at The Catholic University of America. A recognized authority on nursing strategies, her earlier publications include Living With HIV: Experiment in Courage (Auburn House, 1992).
- Author(s)Mary O'Brien
- Date of Publication25/04/1995
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.