All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
About this product
- DescriptionFlannery O'Conr has been studied and lauded under many labels: the Southern author whose pen captured the soul of a proud region struggling to emerge out of racism and poverty, the female writer whose independent spirit and tragically short life inspired a generation of women, the Catholic artist whose fiction evokes themes of sin and damnation, mercy and redemption. Now, and for the first time, The Abbess of Andalusia affords us an in-depth look at Flannery O'Conr the believer. In these pages you will come to kw Flannery O'Conr t only as a writer and an icon, but as a theologian and apologist; as a spiritual director and a student of prayer; as a suffering soul who learned obedience and merited grace through infirmity; and truly, as the Abbess of her own small, but significant, spiritual house. For decades Flannery O'Conr the author has touched her readers with the brilliance of her books. Now be edified and inspired by the example of her life. New from Saint Benedict Press.
- Author BiographyLorraine V. Murray, PhD, is the author of The Abbess of Andalusia, Grace Notes, Why Me? Why Now?, Confessions of an Ex-Feminist, and mystery novels, Death in the Choir and Death of a Liturgist. She's also a columnist with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Georgia Bulletin, and works at the Pitts Theology Library at Emory University. Lorraine and her husband, Jef, live in Decatur, Georgia, and are parishioners at St. Thomas More Catholic Church. Her website is www.lorrainevmurray.com.
- Author(s)Lorraine V Murray
- PublisherTan Books
- Date of Publication09/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.