Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionMinnesota is kwn for frigid weather, thousands of lakes, and Scandinavian humor. But in his anthology of ten short stories, J. L. Larson shows a different side of the state via unique tales of conflict, adventure, and intrigue that often transport characters outside its borders. In July of 1970, at a benign looking intersection in the middle of Minnesota farmland, a fateful mishap occurs. Two drivers have just sped through the Sanborn Corners junction, t realizing that the intersection has earned a reputation as a bloody deathtrap. Now everyone wants answers to the grisly question: what brought each of these people to Sanborn Corners at precisely the same time? A paper company executive and his wife must w cope with an empty nest and the loss of his job. He's doing fine-until he receives a strange, late-night phone call that he will never forget regarding his nemesis from his old job. In tale after tale, Larson showcases eclectic characters who embark on adventures that include a disaster on a popular lake, an emotional confrontation in a university classroom, and a golf tournament that tests four men in unimaginable ways. The Accident at Sanborn Corners is an entertaining compilation of short stories that illustrate the diversity of a region and its residents as each attempt to cope with the unexpected in life.
- Author(s)J L Larson
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight875 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.