Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn life you never get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate. A business empire worth ten billion dollars. This is the tantalizing offer made by Vinay Mohan Acharya, one of India's richest men, to Sapna Sinha, a simple salesgirl in an electronics store in downtown Delhi. She can be the next CEO of his incredibly huge and profitable company. There is only one catch--she needs to pass seven tests from the textbook of life. Thus begins the most challenging journey Sapna has ever undertaken, one that will take her from her swanky showroom to the heat and dust of India's backstreets and villages. Along the way she encounters a host of memorable personalities, from a vain Bollywood superstar to a kleptomaniac Gandhian. But are the seven tests real or is Acharya playing a game driven by a perverse fantasy? Vikas Swarup, acclaimed author of Slumdog Millionaire and Six Suspects, has written a compelling, suspenseful tale about the lure of money and the power of dreams. The Accidental Apprentice is international crime fiction at its most entertaining.
- Author BiographyVikas Swarup's first novel was made into the Oscar Award-winning film Slumdog Millionaire and has been translated into over forty languages. His second novel Six Suspects, a murder mystery, was translated into thirty languages and is being adapted into film. Swarup has written for TIME , Newsweek , The Guardian , The Telegraph , and The Financial Times. An Indian diplomat, Swarup has been posted to Turkey, the United State, Ethiopia, the UK, South Africa, and Japan. He currently lives in New Delhi, India.
- Author(s)Vikas Swarup
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Weight658 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.