All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the bestselling tradition of The World Is Flat and The Next 100 Years comes a contrarian and eye-opening assessment of American power. In THE ACCIDENTAL SUPERPOWER, international strategist Peter Zeihan examines how the hard rules of geography are eroding the American commitment to free trade; how much of the planet is aging into a mass retirement that will enervate capital supplies; and how it is the ever-raveus American ecomy that is rapidly approaching energy independence. Combined, these factors are overturning the global system and ushering in a new (dis)order. For most, that is a disaster-in-waiting, but t for the Americans. The shale revolution allows Americans to sidestep a dangerous energy market. Only the U.S. boasts a youth population large eugh to escape the sucking maw of global aging. Geography will matter more than ever in a de-globalizing world, and America's geography is simply sublime.
- Author BiographyPeter Zeihan launched his own firm, Zeihan on Geopolitics, in 2012 after working for twelve years with the geopolitical analysis firm Stratfor, where he was Vice President of Analysis
- Author(s)Peter Zeihan
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight366 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.