All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost Anglo-American readers kw Bataille as a velist. The Accursed Share provides an excellent introduction to Bataille the philosopher. Here he uses his unique ecomic theory as the basis for an incisive inquiry into the very nature of civilization. Unlike conventional ecomic models based on tions of scarcity, Bataille's theory develops the concept of excess: a civilization, he argues, reveals its order most clearly in the treatment of its surplus energy. The result is a brilliant blend of ethics, aesthetics, and cultural anthropology that challenges both mainstream ecomics and ethlogy.
- Author BiographyGeorges Bataille (1897-1962) was a French writer, essayist, and philosopher whose works include The Story of the Eye, The Blue of Noon, The Accursed Share, and Theory of Religion.
- Author(s)Georges Bataille
- PublisherZone Books
- Date of Publication26/03/1991
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Accursed Share
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintZone Books
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byRobert Hurley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.