Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis text offers a metacognitive approach that develops an awareness of students' thought processes, study strategies, attitudes, and habits. It discusses how students can learn more in less time and with greater ease and confidence, and the book's modular format accommodates the emerging needs of any learning environment. Practice exercises are keyed to two new text excerpts. Together with an array of study-reading techniques, the authors introduce proven strategies for vocabulary building, memory improvement, test-taking skills, and library research strategies. The book incorporates the latest research in learning theory and features an array of optional strategies, resulting in great flexibility of presentation and application for instructors. The authors consider student goals, lifestyles, and learning styles as factors that affect student understanding. Students take brief diagstic surveys followed by guided practice in strategies to improve performance on certain tasks. The Third Edition offers the following additional improvements: * A new chapter that covers the stages of researching and writing a term paper. * A new glossary section. * A new chapter for creating a personal study profile. * A revised section for finding sources in the library, including suggestions for efficient online searches. * A journal entry at the end of each chapter.
- Author(s)Douglas E. Miller,Sallie A. Brown
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2000
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notehalftones & line illus.
- Weight100 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byGene Kerstiens
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.