Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe modern Active Shooter Response (ASR) has continually evolved since its inception approximately a decade ago. This change is necessary to continue improvement on the ASR mission. The Active Shooter Response Training Manual provides police personnel with the skills necessary to respond successfully to any active shooter situation. Using established doctrine developed by the U.S. Army, this program is designed to help create, plan, and execute ASR training at the departmental level. The methods and protocols presented are applicable across all federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. The book begins by describing the ASR operation in the format of an operations order. It categorizes threat levels, provides guidelines for action, describes the mission statement and execution of it, and addresses assets and equipment as well as issues related to command and signal. Next, the book explores: * Training principles and their utilization for developing a sound ASR training cycle * Movement formations for teams and squads, and the four phases of maneuver: find, fix, finish, and follow-through * Close Quarter Battle (CQB), and the principles of surprise, speed, and violence of action * Skills that are necessary to become proficient in creating a list of mission tasks critical to the success of the unit * Command and control issues and techniques for alleviating them * Performance evaluations for each phase of the ASR mission * Guidelines on selecting special equipment for the ASR mission A supplemental training video and PowerPoint(R) presentation enhance the text, providing a multitiered learning experience for police agencies of any size and enabling them to adopt the principles and techniques to their own needs. An article on modern policing by Scott Hyderkhan appeared in Law Officer on April 8, 2013.
- Author BiographyScott M. Hyderkhan is a retired master sergeant of the U.S. Army and currently a law enforcement officer for the City of Mercer Island, Washington. He recently formed Kinetic Tactical Training Solutions LLC, a Seattle, Washington company that utilizes his unique and extensive experience in leadership, counseling/leader development, and small-unit tactics to provide consultation and training to law enforcement agencies.
- Author(s)Scott M. Hyderkhan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note84 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight960 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.