The Actor In You: The Twelve Simple Steps to Understanding the Art of Acting by Robert Benedetti (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $156.77+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the fundamentals of acting The Actor in You presents a thorough and systematic exposure to the fundamentals of the acting process in simple, direct language and a streamlined structure. This title draws on exercises and examples from students' everyday lives, well-kwn plays, and popular television programs to lead the beginning student through the process of creating a role. MySearchLab is a part of the Benedetti program. Research and writing tools, including access to academic journals, help students understand critical thinking in even greater depth. To provide students with flexibility, students can download the eText to a tablet using the free Pearson eText app. 0133802442 / 9780133802443 The Actor in You Plus MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205239927 / 9780205239924 MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 020591490X / 9780205914906 The Actor In You: Twelve Simple Steps to Understanding the Art of Acting
- Author BiographyRobert Benedetti, a distinguished teacher of acting and directing, and three-time Emmy and Peabody Award-winning film producer, received his PhD from Northwestern University. After serving as Director of Theatre and Artistic Director of the Court Theatre at the University of Chicago, he became an early member of Chicago's Second City Theatre. He taught for fifty years at schools such as the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Carnegie-Mellon University, The National Theatre School of Canada, the Australian Victorian College of the Arts, and the University of California, Riverside. He was Chairman of Theatre at York University in Toronto, Head of the Acting Program at the Yale Drama School, and for eight years Dean of Theatre at The California Institute of the Arts. He recently retired as a tenured Full Professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and Artistic Director of the Nevada Conservatory Theatre. Benedetti was Company Director of the Milwaukee Repertory Theatre and has directed at many other regional theatres, including the Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, the South Coast and San Diego Repertory Theatres, and Australia's Melbourne Theatre Company, with multiple productions at the Oregon, Colorado, and Great Lakes Shakespeare festivals. As a screenwriter and producer, Benedetti has won three Emmys and a Peabody Award. He has written six books on acting and film production, including The Actor at Work 10th edition, The Actor in You, 5th edition (now translated into Danish,) ACTION! Acting for Film and Television and From Concept to Screen (now translated into Chinese.) In 2005 he received the Lifetime Career Achievement Award from the American Association for Theatre in Higher Education, and in April, 2012, he was inducted into the College of Fellows of the American Theatre at the Kennedy Center.
- Author(s)Robert Benedetti
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.