All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionF.M. Alexander developed the Alexander Technique of movement in the early 20th century. Combining vocal clarity and body movement, Alexander developed a performance coaching method that is used by dancers, actors, singers, etc. In The Actor and the Alexander Technique, Kelly McEvenue writes the first basic book about how this unique technique can help actors feel more natural on the stage. She provides warm-up exercises, balance and center exercises, spatial awareness exercises. She talks about imitation, the use of masks, nudity on the stage, dealing with injury and aging. She talks about specific productions that have successfully used the Alexander Technique, such as The Lion King. With a foreword by Patsy Rodenburg of our own phemenal The Actor Speaks this is a book that belongs on the shelf of every working and studying actor.
- Author BiographyKelly McEvenue is a certified teacher of the Alexander technique. She is one of the main acting coaches for the Stratford Shakespeare Festival in Ontario.Patsy Rodenburg is Director of Voice at London's Royal National Theater and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Author(s)Kelly R McEvenue
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byPatsy Rodenburg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.