All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide for any young actor wanting to work on screen, which provides an accessible introduction to the worlds of film and TV. Drawing on a successful lifetime career in front of the camera, Denis Lawson offers a guided tour of the film or TV set from day one, explaining and illustrating: - the various members and functions of the crew, from the director of photography down to the clapper loader - readthroughs and rehearsals (if there are any!) - how to hit your mark and get your eyeline right - the actor's involvement in post-production. Directly addressing and engaging with the reader, the book offers encouragement and enlightenment, providing an invaluable array of tips and inside kwledge for coping with what can be a daunting operation for a hopeful young actor. With a Foreword by Ewan McGregor.
- Author BiographyDENIS LAWSON is known for his roles in the BBC's Bleak House and Holby City, in the film Local Hero and in the original Star Wars trilogy. In 2012 he joined James Bolam, Amanda Redman, Denis Waterman and Alun Armstrong in BBC-TV's New Tricks, now in its eleventh series with an audience of almost nine million.
- Author(s)Denis Lawson
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight222 g
- Width137 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byEwan McGregor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.