Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhimsical yet sincere, this practical guide inspires students of theatrical arts to delve into their own inner reserves of memories, feelings, and dreams to find strong grounding for the characters they wish to convey. Broken into three sections of practice--centering and meditation, partnering, and working with scripts--a wide range of activities are explored, including sitting with a candle; variations on mirroring; statue games; and working with dialog, inflection, improvisation, and interpretation. Reflecting on such classic approaches to acting as the Stanislavski and Meisner techniques, the concise and accessible manual is ideal for classroom or group settings and appeals to both beginning and advanced actors. Illustrative photographs allow for easy understanding of the games and a short bibliography and reading list is included to encourage continued study.
- Author BiographyCynthia Henderson teaches acting in the department of theatre arts at Ithaca College in New York. She is a Fulbright Scholar, who has acted in professional and University theatres, in television plays and commercials, and off Broadway. She lives in Ithaca, New York.
- Author(s)Cynthia Henderson
- PublisherGateways Books & Tapes,US
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNevada City, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGateways Books & Tapes,US
- Content Note17 b/w photos
- Weight192 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.