CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1947 and Charlie Cunningworth, the troubled owner of the financially failing Detroit Axles baseball club, has hit upon his solution. He will break major league baseball's color line and entice Detroit's dormant black fan base into the seats of the Axles' home stadium. Talented, athletic and self-possessed Josiah Wells is the man to whom Cunningworth will offer this opportunity. But while the Axles' executives ponder the question of whether or t baseball is ready for a colored ballplayer, one has considered a more significant question: Is baseball ready for Josiah Wells? <i>The Adam's Pin</i> is the story of a black man who fiercely defends his interests against the harsh racial antagonism of his opponents on the field of play, while at once contending with the cynicism and political gamesmanship of the men who claim to support him. But it is the silent and secret plotting of one deeply strange and sullen ballplayer, a man without conscience who maintains a concealed background of ruthless homicidal activity, that may finally prove to be his undoing.
- Author(s)John R Conwell
- PublisherMill City Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMill City Press, Inc.
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.