All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Adaptable Jesus of the Fourth Gospel, Jason S. Sturdevant argues that the Gospel of John portrays Jesus as an adaptable teacher, who accommodates to different people in various ways to a singular end, to bring each to faith. In the same way, the Logos accommodates to humanity via the incarnation. Adaptability serves as both an interpersonal and universal category. Early Christian interpretations of John, especially that of John Chrysostom, describe the Jesus of John by echoing characterizations of the ideal Greco-Roman pedagogue, adapting to his diverse students. By looking to such interpretations, as well as illumination from the milieu of the Fourth Evangelist, Jason S. Sturdevant provides a new lens through which to understand the characterization of the Johannine Jesus.
- Author BiographyJason S. Sturdevant, Ph.D. (2013), Princeton Theological Seminary, is Teaching Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at North Carolina State University.
- Author(s)Jason S. Sturdevant
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleNovum Testamentum Supplements
- Series Part/Volume Number162
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight547 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.