All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Adlard Coles Nautical Quiz Book is perfect for seafaring quizzers. It's divided into six nautically-flavoured categories, covering 1,000 questions. Categories range from Geography, Famous people and History to Culture, Science and Trivia. Each round is graded as easy (Able Seaman), medium (Midshipman) or tough (Hard Tack). A random sprinkling of nautical 'did-you-kws' adds a little salt to the mix and there's a quick-fire section at the end to keep everyone on their toes. * In which ocean is the Bermuda Triangle? * What did Dee Caffari achieve in 2006? * Name the first vessel to reach the North Pole in 1958 * What does the god Neptune (aka Poseidon) carry? * What is the Saffir-Simpson scale? * What was the proper name of 'Bogie's Boat'? The Adlard Coles Nautical Quiz Book is the perfect stowaway for cosy evenings aboard or ashore.
- Author BiographyNic Compton is the author of numerous books on sailing, knots and classic sailing techniques for the leisure boater. He is the principal compiler of Why Sailors Can't Swim and Other Marvellous Maritime Curiosities.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Weight59 g
- Width101 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.