All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis advanced dictionary of marketing focuses on leading-edge termilogy for use by individuals who are serious about the theory and practice of marketing: researchers, directors, managers, and anyone studying marketing for a professional and/or academic qualification. Covering 1,098 terms, the dictionary includes over 500 major entries. All terms are extensively cross-referenced and thematic indices allow the reader to locate terms by their applications and by keywords. All major and emerging marketing approaches, from ambient marketing and fusion marketing, to tribal marketing and word-of-mouth marketing, are included, as are hundreds of other advanced concepts such as brand community, disintermediation, dynamic capabilities, and share of voice. Further, entries spanning 132 theories and 45 marketing-related laws and principles are presented, making this dictionary more theoretically complete than any other marketing dictionary available. Finally, an extensive collection of 107 marketing effects, such as the loyalty ripple effect and mere exposure effect are also included, where, in all cases, their marketing implications and applications are presented fully. Each term covered in this advanced dictionary includes six elements: Description - how the term is defined Key insights - important insights provided by an understanding of the term Keywords - words to further understand the nature of the term Implications - what kwledge of the term means to marketers Application areas and further readings - areas where the term's kwledge is being put to use Bibliography - articles and books referenced Example entries include: Agency Theory, Audience Effect, Blog Marketing, Boomerang Effect, Confirmation Bias, Country of Origin Effect, Customer Equity, Disruptive Techlogy, Double Jeopardy Effect, Eclectic Paradigm, E-marketing, First Law of Marketing, Foot-in-the Door Technique, Free Rider Effect, Game Theory, Glocal Marketing, Green Marketing, Halo Effect, Honeymoon Effect, Law of Comparative Advantage, Leapfrogging, Market Entry Timing, Megamarketing, Metcalfe's Law, Moore's Law, Network Effect, Not Invented Here Syndrome, Odd Price Effect, Permission Marketing, Psychic Distance, Recency Principle, Retro-Marketing, Rule of Ten Percent, Sagacity Segmentation, Salutary Products, Sb Effect, Social Marketing, Stealth Marketing, Substitute Awareness Effect, Sunk Cost Fallacy, Sustainable Competitive Advantage, Value-Based Marketing, Viral Marketing, Winner's Curse.
- Author BiographyScott Dacko is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Strategic Management at Warwick Business School. His research interests include timing in marketing and strategy, market entry and new product introduction timing; marketing management, managerial timing decisions; consumer behaviour, marketing education, and skill development research.
- Author(s)Scott Dacko
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight931 g
- Width145 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.