All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a personal memoir composed by a medieval scholar in which he records details of his discourse with two Ismaili leaders who spearheaded the Fatimid revolution in North Africa in 909-10. By reporting at first hand the thoughts and activities of Abu `Abdallah al-Shi'i and his brother Abu'l-Abbas over a period of seven months, Ibn al-Haytham in his Kitab al-Munazarat (The Book of Discussions) provides an insider's view to our understanding of the foundations of the Fatimid state.
- Author BiographyWilfred Madelung is Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Ismaili Studies in London. Paul E. Walker is an historian of ideas at the University of Chicago.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication31/01/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleIsmaili Texts and Translations
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight621 g
- Width146 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byWilferd Madelung,Paul E. Walker
- Volume editorPaul E. Walker,Wilferd Madelung
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.