All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.62Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.00Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Adventures of Super Lorelei, The Little Superhero with the Really Big Mission, is the first in a series of story books that follow the life of a remarkable teenage girl named Lorelei. She and her faithful dog Maxx come to Earth from the planet Harmonia with a secret mission: to help the people of Earth to find more peace, equality, acceptance and justice for all people - regardless of their sexual orientation or for being different. Lorelei is the first fictional superhero for children who happens to be gay. She stands up for gay rights and human rights and gives a clear message that bullying is t OK. Her life on Harmonia is described, why she was chosen for this important mission, her amazing superpowers and the special gadgets she will use on her mission to Earth. The book is designed to be short reading and to be a tool to start a dialogue for parents with their children, teachers with their students, and for socially minded people to support the message! Super Lorelei is a new lesbian role model and example of a ble champion for peace and justice. A little storybook with a really big message: Everyone has the right to live and love in peace!
- Author BiographyBarbara Rogoski is an American author, speaker, ordained minister and gay rights activist living outside of Amsterdam. She wrote this book to draw attention to the violence and discrimination against LGBT people around the world and to create a gay superhero that children that can look up to. Barbara came out of the closet at age 45, and looked for lesbian role models in literature. She saw teenagers committing suicide because of being bullied, being thrown out of their homes for telling their parents they were gay. Creating the character of Super Lorelei as role model and hero was Barbara's way to help create a tool to teach children about the need for tolerance, kindness and love for all people.
- Author(s)Barbara Rogoski
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.