All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin the world's most famous travelling reporter in his exciting adventures as he embarks on his most epic journey in the two-part story Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon, and sets out to rescue his friend the Professor in The Calculus Affair. Destination Moon Tintin and Captain Haddock are amazed to find that Professor Calculus is planning a top-secret project from the Sprodj Atomic Research Centre in Syldavia. And before our intrepid hero kws it, the next stop on this adventure is...space. Explorers on the Moon Following on from the events of Destination Moon, Tintin finds himself in a rocket on a collision course with the moon. And with Swy the dog, Captain Haddock, Professor Calculus and the Thompson twins aboard, things quickly spiral further and further out of control. The Calculus Affair Windows, mirrors and chandeliers are spontaneously shattering and Tintin is left flummoxed. After a shooting and a break-in, Tintin kws Calculus is in danger, but he has only one clue - an unusual packet of cigarettes. He has a mystery to solve. But can he do it before a terrible weapon falls into the wrong hands? Join the most iconic character in comics as he embarks on an extraordinary adventure spanning historical and political events, and thrilling mysteries. Still selling over 100,000 copies every year in the UK and having been adapted for the silver screen by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson in 2011, The Adventures of Tintin continue to charm more than 80 years after they first found their way into publication. Since then an estimated 230 million copies have been sold, proving that comic books have the same power to entertain children and adults in the 21st century as they did in the early 20th.
- Author BiographyHerge (Georges Remi) was born in Brussels in 1907. His pseudonym comes from his initials backwards (R.G., as pronounced in French). Over the course of 54 years he completed 23 albums of The Adventures of Tintin series, which is now considered to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, comics series of all time. With translations published in over 80 languages, more than 230 million copies sold worldwide and a Hollywood movie to its name, Tintin dominates the Comics and Graphic Novels chart even today. Sadly, Herge died in 1983, leaving his 24th album, Tintin and Alph-Art, unfinished, but his hero continues to be one of the most iconic characters in both adult and children's fiction.
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width157 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.