All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionCriminal defence attorney Darcy Cole is facing one of the biggest cases of his distinguished career but at the same time he must deal with his own mid-life crisis. He has just won an acquittal for his client-beautiful, self-centred Lynne Tobias-from the charge of murdering her husband, a prominent Chicago attorney. Now Cole and Tobias are facing federal charges of conspiracy to defraud an insurance company in connection with the death of her husband. This new charge has been brought by Owen Dempsey, a U.S. Attorney, who is running for goverr, as he kws that prosecuting Tobias will provide him with massive, and free, election-year publicity. Cole, however, is exhausted, worn out. A brilliant criminal defence attorney, he has made his career the central focus of his life. While he appears to be a successful man, he has had personal life since his wife divorced him years earlier. By day, however, Cole is energetic and intimidating. He outmaeuvres his opponents and plots brilliant strategies to defend his client from the government's charges, anticipating the dirty tactics of Dempsey's office and devising a few of his own. Filled with brilliant legal maeuvring and surprise after surprise, The Advocate spins a complicated, frightening, often humourous path through a spectacular federal trial, ruthless organised crime activity, a verdict that is totally unexpected and a conclusion that will leave even the most avid mystery readers wondering why they didn't see it coming.
- Author BiographyLarry Axelrood, a practising lawyer, is a former prosecutor in the State's Attorney's office in Cook County. A member of the National Association of Criminal Defence Lawyers, he is a graduate of Indiana State University and The Advocate is his first novel.
- Author(s)Larry Axelrood
- PublisherCumberland House Publishing,US
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCumberland House Publishing,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width115 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.