CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionPassion and emotion run deep in politics, but researchers have only recently begun to study how they influence our political thinking. Contending that the long-standing neglect of such feelings has left unfortunate gaps in our understanding of political behavior, The Affect Effect fills the void by providing a comprehensive overview of current research on emotion in politics and where it is likely to lead. In sixteen seamlessly integrated essays, thirty top scholars approach this topic from a broad array of angles that address four major themes. The first section outlines the philosophical and neuroscientific foundations of emotion in politics, while the second focuses on how emotions function within and among individuals. The final two sections branch out to explore how politics work at the societal level and suggest the next steps in modeling, research, and political activity itself. Opening up new paths of inquiry in an exciting new field, this volume will appeal t only to scholars of American politics and political behavior, but also to anyone interested in political psychology and sociology.
- Author BiographyW. Russell Neuman is the John Derby Evans Professor of Media Technology in Communication Studies and the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan. George E. Marcus is professor of political science at Williams College. Ann N. Crigler is professor of political science at the University of Southern California. Michael MacKuen is the Burton Craige Professor of Political Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2008
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note21 line drawings, 37 tables
- Weight736 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAnn N. Crigler,George E. Marcus,Michael MacKuen,W.Russell Neuman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.