All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $18.20Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionLike record before or since, Gentlemen is fraught with the psychological warfare, bedroom drama, Catholic guilt, reprehensible deception and the shame that coincide with relationships gone seriously wrong. This story explores what happens when intellectual sophistication is star-crossed with outspoken braggadocio, a charismatic mixture that managed to alienate the mainstream horde and arms-folded indie scenesters while, for good measure, incited outsider jealousy and condescending rumors advanced by the Fat Greg Dulli 'zine. In addition to dissecting the record's organization, arrangements and lyrics, as well as examining old articles, reviews and interviews, this book delves into the memories, experiences and influences of the Afghan Whigs, most tably those that drive Dulli, a polarizing frontman whose fierce pretentiousness, GQ appearance and gloves-off boisterousness concealed deep-rooted mental depression and chemical dependency. 33 1/3 is a series of short books about a wide variety of albums, by artists ranging from James Brown to the Beastie Boys. Launched in September 2003, the series w contains over 50 titles and is acclaimed and loved by fans, musicians and scholars alike.
- Author BiographyBob Gendron is Music Editor for The Absolute Sound magazine, for which he has written since 1998. In addition, he's a regular contributor to the Chicago Tribune, where he writes a show previews column, music features, industry stories, concert reviews and album reviews. His work has also appeared in The Source.
- Author(s)Bob Gendron
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series Title33 1/3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight136 g
- Width121 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.30Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.