Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description-Khadra brings us deep into the hearts and minds of people living in unspeakable mental anguish.---Los Angeles Times -A skilled storyteller working at the height of his powers.---Times Literary Supplement-Like all the great storytellers of history, [Khadra] espouses the contradictions of his characters, who carry in themselves the entirety of the human condition.---Le PointA new masterpiece from the author of The Swallows of Kabul.Frankfurt MD Kurt Krausmann is devastated by his wife's suicide. Unable to make sense of what happened, Kurt agrees to join his friend Hans on a humanitarian mission to the Comoros. But, sailing down the Red Sea, their boat is boarded by Somali pirates and the men are taken hostage.The arduous journey to the pirates' desert hideout is only the beginning of Kurt's odyssey. He endures imprisonment and brutality at the hands of captors whose failings are all too human.As the situation deteriorates, it is fellow prisoner, Bru, a long-time resident in Africa, who shows Kurt ather side to the wounded yet defiant continent he loves.A giant of francophone writing, Algerian author Yasmina Khadra takes current events as a starting point to explore opposing views and myths of Africa and the West, ultimately delivering a powerful message of friendship, resilience, and redemption.Yasmina Khadra is the pen name of Mohammed Moulessehoul, a former Algerian army officer and w director of the Algerian Cultural Center in Paris. In November 2013, he anunced his candidacy for the presidency of Algeria.
- Author BiographyYasmina Khadra: Yasmina Khadra is the pen name of the Algerian author Mohammed Moulessehoul.He became director of the Algerian Cultural Center in Paris in November 2007 and in November 2013 announced his candidacy for the presidency of Algeria. Howard Curtis, who lives in London, has translated more than sixty books from French, Italian and Spanish. Among his recent translations are works by Daniel Arsand, Santiago Gamboa, and Paolo Sorrentino. His current projects include two novels by Carole Martinez, a book of short stories by Andrej Longo, and the Duca Lamberti tetralogy by Giorgio Scerbanenco.
- Author(s)Yasmina Khadra
- PublisherGallic Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGallic Books
- Weight318 g
- Width142 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byHoward Curtis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.