Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe African and Caribbean Historical Novel in French: A Quest for Identity examines the historical vel that has emerged in Francophone Africa and the Caribbean since the late 1930s and includes such writers as Edouard Glissant of Martinique and Paul Hazoume of Benin. This study underscores the ideological differences that distinguish the African and Caribbean historical vel from the classical nineteenth-century European historical vel. Through a post-colonial reading, the author examines the influence of Negritude on these writers and calls for an Afrocentric approach.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dr. Paschal B. Kyiiripuo Kyoore teaches French at Gustavus Adolphus College (USA). He acquired his Bachelor's (Hons) degree from the University of Ghana-Legon and his Master's degree and Diplome d'Etudes Approfondies in French and Comparative Literature from Universite de Bordeaux III (France). Dr. Kyoore received his Doctorate in Romance Languages and Literatures from The Ohio State University. He has published in various journals on African and Caribbean writers.
- Author(s)Paschal B. Kyiiripuo Kyoore
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- Series TitleFrancophone Cultures & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.