All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of The Afrocentric Idea boldly confronts the contemporary challenges that have been launched against Molefi Kete Asante's philosophical, social, and cultural theory. By rendering a critique of some post-modern positions as well as the old structured Eurocentric orientations discussed in the first edition, this new edition contains lively engagements with views expressed by Mary Lefkowitz, Paul Gilroy, and Cornel West. Expanding on his core ideas, Asante has cast The Afrocentric Idea in the tradition of provocative critiques of the established social order. This is a fresh and dynamic location of culture within the context of social change.
- Author BiographyMolefi Kete Asante is professor and chair of African American Studies at Temple University, and author of several books, including African Intellectual Heritage (with Abu S. Abarry, Temple) and The Historical and Cultural Atlas of African Americans.
- Author(s)Molefi K. Asante
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/1997
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight322 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5334 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.