Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Age of Enterprise is an important book, written for a broad audience, which covers an area little touched by traditional historians such as Keith Sinclair, Jamie Belich or Michael King. It shows how entrepreneurship and invation transformed the New Zealand ecomy in the late 19th century and sets our experience in context with other similar developments in settler colonies such as Australia and Latin America. In particular, The Age of Enterprise draws on case studies and historical evidence to reveal that the small, organic, rapidly expanding firm was the potent force in New Zealand's growth - the local, smalltime entrepreneur is the hero of this story. By focusing on the shape of our ecomic history Ian Hunter here fills a major gap in our kwledge of the colonial period which has so far derived largely from the work of social and political historians.
- PrizesShortlisted for Montana New Zealand Book Awards: History Category 2008.
- Author(s)Ian Hunter
- PublisherAuckland University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAuckland University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width210 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine150 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.