Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe Aging Skeleton is a comprehensive and timely book on all aspects of the skeleton as it ages, including basic mechanisms and pathways as well as pathobiology. Chapters cover general aspects and models of aging, determinants and maintenance of peak bone mass, mechanisms of age-related bone loss, quantifiable manifestations of age-related bone loss, fractures, and therapeutics.
- Author BiographyDr. Rosen is Professor and Senior Scientists at The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, where his group studies the role of insulin-like growth factors on bone and the genetics of osteoporosis in inbred strains of mice. In 2007 he joined the Maine Medical Center Research Institute in Scarborough, Maine. He is also the former Director of the Maine Center for Osteoporosis Research and Education, St. Joseph Hospital, Bangor. Dr. Rosen is a Past President of the American Society of Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR). He served five years as the First Editor in Chief of the Journal of Clinical Densitometry, the official journal for the International Society of Clinical Densitometry, and currently serves as Associate Editor of the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. His publications exceed 270 manuscripts published in a wide spectrum of clinical and basic science journals. John P. Bilezikian, MD, the Dorothy L. and Daniel H. Silberberg Professor of Medicine and Professor of Pharmacology at the College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia University is Chief of the Division of Endocrinology and Director of the Metabolic Bone Diseases Program at Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Bilezikian received his undergraduate training at Harvard College and his medical training at the College of Physicians & Surgeons. He completed four years of house staff training (internship, residency and Chief Residency) on the Medical Service at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Bilezikian received his training in Metabolic Bone Diseases and in Endocrinology at the NIH in the Mineral Metabolism Branch under the tutelage of Dr. Gerald Aurbach. Dr. Bilezikian belongs to a number of professional societies including the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, of which he served as President, 1995-1996 and the International Society of Clinical Densitometry, of which he served as President, 1999-2001. He serves on the Board of Governors of the International Osteoporosis Foundation (1998-present) and on its Committee of Scientific Advisors (2001-present). He is Chair of the Endocrine Fellows Foundation. He served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (2000-2004) and as Senior Associate Editor of the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research (2008-2012). He is Executive Advisory Editor of Bone Research (2013-present). His books include Editor-in-Chief of The Parathyroids [1994, 2001, 2014], and co-editor of The Aging Skeleton (1999), Dynamics of Bone and Cartilage Metabolism (1999, 2006), Principles of Bone Biology (1996, 2002, 2008) and Osteoporosis in Men (2010). He served as co-chair of the last three NIH Workshops on Primary Hyperparathyroidism (2002, 2008, 2013). He is the recipient of the Distinguished Physician Award of the Endocrine Society, the Frederic C. Bartter Award of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR) for Excellence in Clinical Research and the First Annual Global Leadership Award of the International Society of Clinical Densitometry. In 2009, he received the Gideon A. Rodan Excellence in Mentorship Award from the ASBMR. He received the Laureate Distinguished Educator Award of The Endocrine Society in 2014. In 2014, he was made honorary member of the Brazilian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism. His publications number over 700.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/1999
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1810 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byClifford J. Rosen,John P. Bilezikian,Julie Glowacki
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.