All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChange, loss, fear, disappointment, weariness, loneliness, ageing and death; these unalterable realties of the human condition have inspired writers for centuries; a painful refrain that finds its echoes in history and connects people of all ages and in all places. This unique book brings together a collection of works that draw on feelings of despair with the aim of providing comfort and sustenance to readers through the deep reassurance that they are t alone. The anthology draws inspiration from a diverse range of sources, featuring quotations from poems, philosophical works, plays, vels and modern songs, weaving a journey through the darkest reaches of the soul to arrive at the conclusion that life, although often incredibly painful, is t meaningless, as summed up by Samuel Beckett who said: On. Somehow on. Till how on...The Agony Abides is a melancholic's narrative; a collection of beautiful passages from the Bible to the modern day, drawn together to help shed some light on the frequently weary and burdensome condition of being alive.
- Author(s)Bronwen Wrigley
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRadcliffe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.