All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe Twentieth Edition takes The Agricultural Notebook into its third century; it has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the considerable changes in agricultural and rural practices and policies which have taken place since publication of the previous edition. The book is divided into four parts: Crops, Management, Animal Production, and Farm Equipment. New sections added to this edition include: 1) A Marketing Perspective on Diversification, 2) Organic Farming, and 3) Farming and Wildlife. Since the first edition was compiled by Primrose McConnell in 1883, The Agricultural Notebook has become established as the standard work of reference for all those in the farming industry. With each edition it has evolved and changed in such a way as to provide agricultural scientists, students of agriculture and related subjects, farmers, farm managers and land agents with an abundance of current information on all aspects of the business of farming. Many comments received from lecturers and students who have used previous editions of the book have been taken into account in producing the twentieth edition. The thirty contributing authors have fully updated chapters, a new clearer layout has been adopted and much new information is included in easy--to--use tables and figures. The Agricultural Notebook is an essential purchase for all students of agriculture, countryside, and rural studies. Professionals such as farmers, land agents, agricultural scientists, advisers, suppliers to the agriculture industry and all those with a connection and interest in the agricultural community will find a huge wealth of information within the book's covers. All libraries within universities, colleges and research establishments where agricultural and rural sciences are studied and taught should have multiple copies of this important new edition on their shelves.
- Author BiographyRichard Soffe is Senior Lecturer based at Seale--Hayne, University of Plymouth, UK.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note252
- Weight1640 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byR. J. Soffe
- Edition Statement20th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.