All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe room is set up like a conference hall somewhere in the Arab world, or perhaps like the legislative assembly of a small modern state. There are desks with push-button microphones and headsets. Behind, there is a screen, as if someone planned to give a Powerpoint presentation. But the names on the desks are the familiar characters from Hamlet . The setting of Sulayman Al Bassam's powerful, disturbing version of the Hamlet story is a modern Middle-Eastern state whose old king has just died, to be replaced by his brother, a ruthless, westernised dictator who has married the old king's wife to legitimise his rule, and calls his regime a new democracy .
- Author BiographySulayman Al-Bassam is an Anglo-Kuwaiti writer and director based in London and Kuwait. His next play, The Mirror For Princes will be premiered at the Barbican in Spring 2006.
- Author(s)Graham Holderness,Sulayman Al-Bassam
- PublisherUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2006
- LanguageEnglish & Arabic
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationHatfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Content Noteb/w photographs
- Weight277 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.