All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe insurance industry is among the most highly regulated industries today, and literature on the field is a complex thicket of sources. This valuable, one-of-a-kind resource is a comprehensive guide to locating and using information resources about the insurance industry. Pointing researchers, practitioners, faculty and students of business administration, law firms, and anybody interested in researching the insurance industry to the most relevant information, each chapter contains an antated list of specific print and digital sources, plus explanations on how to make best use of sometimes-forbidding technical materials. Included are company directories, almanacs, databases, websites, legal resources, and industry-specific guides that cover: * All major lines of insurance, including property/casualty, life, health, and reinsurance* Social Insurance, including Social Security, unemployment insurance, and pensions* The insurance policy from the standpoint of practitioners, regulators, and consumersInsurance law and regulations* All areas of risk management including financial, technical and intellectual property* Actuarial science and its current applications to financial engineering* Archival and historical material Including an introduction defining risk management and describing its use in the insurance industry and the field of actuarial science, this resource is a must for every reference collection.
- Author BiographyLucy Heckman has worked for St. John's University Library in New York City since 1977 and has served as their Head of Reference since 2001. She is also the author of How to Find Business Information: A Guide for Businesspeople, Investors, and Researchers; NASDAQ: A Guide to Information Sources; Franchising in Business: A Guide to Information Sources; The New York Stock Exchange: A Guide to Information Sources; and Damascus.
- Author(s)Lucy Heckman
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.