All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Alaskan is an excellent vel describing the character and trials, tribulations and aspirations of a bygone generation. In it Alan Holt, a keeper of reindeer as cattle, takes on Rossland, a greedy opportunist and profiteer. Add Mary Standish to the picture and you have a fast-paced vel, far superior to much of the second and third-rate reading written today. Written by James Oliver Curwood, The Alaskan reads like a Hollywood script on the level of Amistad. The characters are real and memorable. The fact that Mary Standish considers herself to be an American while Alan Holt sees himself as an Alaskan is key to understanding the book. Must reading for those who are curious about America's recent past and the price paid in blood, sweat, and tears to make it the nation it is, The Alaskan remains a classic that is well worth reading today.
- Author BiographyJames Oliver Curwood, (June 12, 1878 - August 13, 1927), was an American novelist and conservationist. A great number of his works were turned into movies, several of which starred Nell Shipman as a brave and adventurous woman in the wilds of the north. Many films from Curwood's writings were made during his lifetime, as well as after his passing through to the 1950s. In 1988 French director Jean-Jacques Annaud used his 1916 novel, The Grizzly King to make the film The Bear. Annaud's success generated a renewed interest in Curwood's stories that resulted in five more films being produced in 1994 and 1995.
- Author(s)James Oliver Curwood
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.