All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging author Chavisa Woods has been ted for capturing a 'strange, troubling vision of domestic life in the rural U.S.' (Go Magazine). Here she presents a technicoloured vision of rural adolescence, the story of a girl with an unprounceable name. She is a fiery, unhinged, growling, big-hearted country girl in a dirty black tutu and combat boots who travels along all the bizarre yet familiar byways of human desire - from the cornfields of Louisiana and the big brass sound of Mardi Gras to the heights of the Empire State Building.
- Author BiographyCHAVISA WOODS is a Brooklyn-based writer and artist, and recipient of the 2009 Jerome Foundation Award for emerging writers. Her debut collection of short stories, Love Does Not Make Me Gentle or Kind, was a Lambda Literary Award Finalist for Debut Fiction. Woods has read or performed at The Whitney Museum, Penn State, the New York Vision Festival, the NYC HOWL festival, and the New York Hot Festival. Her writing has appeared in the New York Quarterly, The Evergreen Review, Union Station, and The Brooklyn Rail.
- Author(s)Chavisa Woods
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight544 g
- Width139 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.