All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revised edition of Anna Komnene's Alexiad, to replace our existing 1969 edition. This is the first European narrative history written by a woman - an account of the reign of a Byzantine emperor through the eyes and words of his daughter which offers an unparalleled view of the Byzantine world in the eleventh and twelfth centuries.
- Author BiographyAnna Komnene (1083-1156) was the eldest child of the Byzantine Emperor Alexios I Komnenos. She is best known as the author of The Alexiad - written between 1143-53, it is the first major history written by a woman. Dr Peter Frankopan is a Senior Research Fellow at Worcester College, Oxford. He has just completed a major monograph for CUP about Byzantium in the 11th and 12th century based on the Alexiad.
- Author(s)Anna Komnene
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Notemaps
- Weight426 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byPeter Frankopan
- Translated byE.R.A. Sewter
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.