All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Algerian War in French-Language Comics: Postcolonial Memory, History, and Subjectivity analyzes representations of the Algerian War in French-language comics published since 1982. Throughout this book, Howell investigates the ways in which marginalized memory communities resist, rewrite, and/or repair institutionalized history in popular culture. This is achieved by applying Marianne Hirsch's concept of postmemory to postcolonial comics, by exploring comics as a multimodal medium uniquely positioned to engage with the complexity of postcolonial memory, history and subjectivity, and by problematizing current teaching practices in secondary education.
- Author BiographyJennifer Howell is assistant professor of French at Illinois State University.
- Author(s)Jennifer Howell
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Series TitleAfter the Empire: The Francophone World & Postcolonial France
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.