Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Allotment Keeper's Handbook is a -nsense guide to managing your own organic vegetable patch. Packed with invaluable advice, from how to choose an allotment and test its soil to kwing your chickweed from your chicory, it offers an enjoyable and inspiring shortcut through the trials, errors and frustrations of starting a kitchen garden. Dispensing with the strict calendar-based advice usually found in gardening manuals, Jane Perrone steers a carefree course through the gardener's year. Featuring a full chapter devoted to harvesting, a history of allotments, an exhaustive section on crop rotation, 'spotlights' on unusual vegetables, fun monthly projects and a glossary to cut through garden jargon, this book is all you will need to get growing.
- Author BiographyJane Perrone is a keen organic allotmenteer and gardener who writes regularly for the Guardian and keeps a blog (http://perrone.blogs.com/horticultural/) about running an allotment. She is the author of The Allotment Keeper's Handbook (2007).
- Author(s)Jane Perrone
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight465 g
- Width135 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.