All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw what a Chrysina resplendens or a Papilionidae butterfly looks like? Travel through the alphabet with The Alphabet of Bugs to learn about the many beautiful and unusually named bugs found in nature--and brush up on those ABCs as well! Valerie Gates's charming alliterative style paired with Ann Cutting's stunning photographs of all types of bugs is sure to delight curious children and adults alike. Children who already kw their basic bugs will broaden their horizons, and parents who are tired of simple butterflies and beetles will find this book worth rereading. Spectacular photographs of insects of all kinds will inspire children to learn more about the different creatures found in the natural world. And while children learn about bugs, they are also learning the alphabet through silly sentences. This is an ideal gift for new parents and for young nature-loving children! Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readers--picture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and vels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyValerie Gates is an Emmy Award--winning art director. She is the author of The Other Colors (Sky Pony Press) and has teamed up with friend and photographer Ann Cutting to make this second book highlighting beautiful and exotic bugs. Gates lives in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Ann Cutting, an award-winning conceptual photographer, earned a BA in biochemistry and cell biology from the UCSD and a BFA in photography from the Art Center College of Design. She is on the faculty at Art Center, teaches many workshops, and uses multiple photographic techniques including digital, toy, and large format cameras. She also likes to do science experiments with her kids, sail in Maine, and make ceramics. Cutting lives with her husband and two children in Pasadena, California.
- Author(s)Valerie Gates
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note26 color photos
- Weight414 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byAnn Cutting
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.11
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.