All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionTHE ALZHEIMER'S PREVENTION DIET AND COOKBOOK Chad Beaver, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and his wife Michelle Gamble, M. Ed., have used their combined 20 years of experience working with severe mental illness and geriatric aging to create a plan of action against one of the biggest epidemics of the 21st Century - Alzheimer's Disease. The Alzheimer's Prevention Diet and Cookbook offers the latest research on Alzheimer's disease and shows how natural ingredients and diet changes can add a layer of protection around the brain, fight the plaque accumulations associated with Alzheimer's disease and encourage neurogenesis, which is the regeneration of brain cells. The Alzheimer's Prevention Diet and Cookbook offers a four-week meal plan, 10 pages of research including 26 cited studies, 81 recipes designed to protect against Alzheimer's and 17 full-color photos in a traditional cookbook format. Each recipe identifies the beneficial ingredients and how they interact with the brain and body. This book allows the most vice of chefs to utilize household ingredients ( such as cinnamon, coffee, and blueberries) to make delicious dishes and take a proactive step in fighting a disease that will effect one in eight people over age 65. With the average cost of care for an Alzheimer's patient currently totaling more than $800,000 - with much of the cost being passed on to Social Security - and more than 10,000 Americans a day turning 65-years-old, it is imperative to make a proactive move in addressing this crippling disease. The Alzheimer's Prevention Diet and Cookbook is a change people can make today to protect themselves from a disease that costs America $94 billion a year, devastates families and takes everything from those diagsed with this crippling disease.
- Author BiographyChad Beaver and Michelle Gamble are a husband-and-wife team of therapists living in Gig Harbor, Washington with their young son. They both hold Masters of Education degrees from Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts. They have more than 20 years of combined therapy experience including five years working with senior citizens and the unique mental-health challenges facing the elderly. Chad is originally from Morgan County, Alabama and is an ordained minister. Michelle is originally from Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Rev Chad H Beaver M Ed
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.