All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the course of time, myths and legends from around the world have often featured shoes and the shoemaker's amazing craft, perhaps because the shoe is a symbol of grace and wealth, or perhaps because of that enchanted aura that surrounds the figure of the shoemaker. Salvatore Ferragamo's remarkable life, which runs parallel to stories of fairies, mystical shoemakers and magical shoes, also has the ingredients of a fantastic adventure. The reader will be spellbound by each and every chapter of this story, and carried as if in a dream to the realm of imagination: from Salvatore's childhood to his voyage on a steamer headed towards the United States, down to his arrival in Hollywood, where his shoes conquered the world of cinema and were worn by the most beautiful women in the world: the princesses and fairies of the modern age.
- Author BiographyStefania Ricci is the director of Museo Salvatore Ferragamo, Florence.
- Author(s)Sergio Risaliti
- Date of Publication17/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2014
- Content Note517 colour illustrations
- Weight1820 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byStefania Ricci
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.