All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIf you travel the open ocean anywhere in the tropics, you are very likely to see flyingfish. These beautifully colored ocean butterflies shoot out of the water and sail on majestic, winglike pectoral fins to escape from predators such as dolphins, swordfish, and tuna. Some can travel for more than six hundred feet per flight. Yet despite their prevalence in warm ocean waters and their vital role in the tropical food chain, surprisingly little is kwn about flyingfish--more than 60 species are said to exist, but body is sure of the number. This beautifully illustrated book presents flyingfish as you've never seen them before. It features more than 90 stunning color photos by rewned naturalist Steve Howell, as well as a concise and accessible text that explores the natural history of flyingfish, where they can be found, how and why they fly, what colors they are, what they eat and what eats them, and more. The ideal gift for fish lovers, seasoned travelers, and armchair naturalists alike, this first-of-its-kind book provides a rare and incomparable look at these spectacular marine creatures. * Presents flyingfish like you've never seen them before* Features more than 90 stunning color images* Explores the natural history of flyingfish, where to see them, how they fly, and more* The ideal gift book for fish lovers, ecotravelers, birders, and armchair naturalists
- Author BiographySteve N. G. Howell is a senior leader with WINGS, an international bird tour company, and has spent almost four years of his life traveling throughout the world's oceans. His books include Rare Birds of North America and Petrels, Albatrosses, and Storm-Petrels of North America (both Princeton).
- Author(s)Steve N. G. Howell
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note94 color photos.
- Weight257 g
- Width203 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.