All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a lively book of facts and stories with 10 step-by-step projects inspired by the Wild West. You can see inside a settler's wagon in a fantastic cross-section. It makes interesting reading for 8-12-year-olds at home and school, with over 200 evocative illustrations and photographs that bring the past to life. The story of the American West is one of bravery, hope and hard work, but it is also one of unhappiness and cruelty. This book vividly captures the atmosphere of the Wild West, with photographs from the times, images from the movies, and the real facts. You can discover what life was like for the pioneers who braved the journey across the wilderness, and the Native Americans who were confronted by the newcomers. You can find out what kinds of people went west, how they got there, where they lived, and how they earned their living. There are lots of practical projects to help you to understand this exciting period of history.
- Author BiographyPeter Harrison trained as a painter at Glasgow School of Art and studied Art History at Glasgow University and the University of East Anglia. He divides his time between painting and freelance writing and editing. He has written several children's books. Norman Bancroft Hunt has written and researched award-winning books about Native American cultures.
- Author(s)Peter Harrison
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication26/06/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note200 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.57
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.74
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.61
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.37
- AU $13.47Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $7.51Trending at AU $12.30
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.