All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionLyra lies sleeping in a cave near a rainbow, drugged into unconsciousness by her mother,Mrs Coulter, whose love for her daughter closely rivals her own ruthless ambition. Now, the latter threatens to overcome the former, as she strives to prevent the events which are dependent on the decisions Lyra is fated to make. Meanwhile, Will-scarred and traumatised after his last, fatal meeting with his father-seeks blindly for her, with only two of Lord Asriel's angels as companions on his dangerous search. The two are fated to meet once more, however, and begin their most treacherous journey. For Lyra owes a great debt, and she must repay it-she must rescue her friend from the Land of the Dead. Neither are prepard for the terrible sacrifice they must endure, or for the universal consequences of their actions. Lyra and Will must play their part in the war between the worlds and Heaven...
- PrizesWinner of West Australian Young Reader's Book Awards: Older Readers' Award 2002 and Whitbread Book Awards: Book of the Year 2001 and Whitbread Book Awards: Children's Book Category 2001 and Whitbread Children's Book of the Year 2001. Runner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and Carnegie Medal 2001.
- Author(s)Philip Pullman
- Date of Publication14/09/2001
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleHis Dark Materials S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date28/03/2013
- Weight451 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementAdult ed.
- Reading AgeFrom 11 To 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.