All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionSeymour Martin Lipset prounced over a decade ago, Those who kw only one country kw country. It is well established that students learn the intricacies of American politics better when they are presented in a comparative context. In today's globalized society and workforce, it is all the more important for students to understand that the American political system is in many ways the exception and t the rule. Introductory textbooks on American government, however, rarely emphasize in sufficient depth how the United States compares to other political systems. And introductions to comparative politics infrequently situate the United States in their analysis. The American Amaly systematically analyzes the U.S. political system by way of comparison with other countries, especially other industrialized democracies. It is organized into four sections, respectively covering the constitutional order, governmental institutions, political participation, and public policy. Extended case studies in each chapter draw on all the major regions of the world. Thoroughly revised throughout, the second edition also includes: * a new chapter on domestic public policy, including civil rights and liberties; * a new chapter on foreign policy; * updates throughout to reflect the 2008 elections and the beginning of the Obama administration; * a reorganized section on political participation; * over a dozen new figures and tables. A companion website also offers overview slides, links, and other supporting features.
- Author BiographyRaymond A. Smith is Adjunct Assistant Professor of Political Science at Columbia University and New York University and is the author of Importing Democracy: Ideas from around the World to Reform and Revitalize U.S. Politics and Government.
- Author(s)Raymond A. Smith
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2010
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.